My research focuses on reasoning and decision-making in groups: how to model and analyze it, and how to support it algorithmically.
I am active within several AI and AI-related research areas such as: multi-agent systems, knowledge representation, computational social choice, AI & law, computational argumentation. I also published in the areas of neuroscience, blockchain, and philosophical logic.
- 2020–2030 (consortium member) Hybrid Intelligence (NWO Gravitation) ~19M EUR
- 2020–2021 (PI) Collective Decisions in Law and Economics: A Computational Perspective (Human(e) AI, University of Amsterdam) ~30k EUR
- 2015—17 (PI) Foundations of Opinion Formation in Autonomous Systems (EPSRC, First Grant Scheme) ~120k GBP
- 2012—13 (CI) How does the brain operate during strategic thinking? An fMRI-intentionality pilot study (EPSRC, Shaping Capability Fund) ~9k GBP
- 2009—11 (PI) Norm Implementation via Mechanisms (NWO, VENI) ~200k EUR
- 2008—09 (PI) Logics for Artificial Normative Systems (Ministry of Culture, Education and Research, Grand Duchy of Luxembourg) ~50k EUR