I do fundamental research in AI and computer science. I am specifically interested in group decision-making processes: how to analyze and design them. Topics I am/have been focusing on are: collective decision-making, social choice, reasoning under uncertainty, legal and normative reasoning, bounded rationality, formal epistemology, blockchain, liquid democracy, prediction markets.
I work especially with theoretical methods (from logic, game and social choice theory, argumentation theory), as well as experimental ones (from cognitive sciences, network analysis, machine learning).
- 2020–2030 (consortium member) Hybrid Intelligence (NWO Gravitation) ~19M EUR
- 2015—17 (PI) Foundations of Opinion Formation in Autonomous Systems (EPSRC, First Grant Scheme) ~120k GBP
- 2012—13 (CI) How does the brain operate during strategic thinking? An fMRI-intentionality pilot study (EPSRC, Shaping Capability Fund) ~9k GBP
- 2009—11 (PI) Norm Implementation via Mechanisms (NWO, VENI) ~200k EUR
- 2008—09 (PI) Logics for Artificial Normative Systems (Ministry of Culture, Education and Research, Grand Duchy of Luxembourg) ~50k EUR